The Body Barre Privacy Notice
- Who is responsible for your data?
Our Privacy Notice applies to the personal data that The Body Barre collects and uses.
References in this Privacy Notice to “The Body Barre”, “we”, “us” or “our” means The Body Barre Limited (a company registered in England and Wales with registration no 10483441 and registered office at Rae House, Dane Street, Bishops Stortford, CM23 3BT). We control the ways your personal data are collected and the purposes for which your personal data are used and are therefore the “data controller” for the purposes of the GDPR 2018, UK Data Protection Act 1998 and any other applicable European data protection legislation.
- Categories of data we collect
We may collect and process the following categories of information about you:
- First name, surname, date of birth and gender
- Contact details, including telephone numbers and email address
- Shoe size, seat height, seat position, handlebar range
- Financial information, including credit/debit card details (although we do not retain complete payment card information)
- Your posts and messages on digital platforms/social media
- Your feedback and communication you exchange with us (e.g. emails, letters, calls, or logs of face to face interactions
- Your bookings/usage
- Identifiers assigned to your computer or other devices, including your Internet Protocol (IP) address
- How and why we use your personal data
We collect most of this personal information directly from you when you register with The Body Barre, book a class, use our website, interact with us or visit us as a guest.
To fulfil contractual obligations and provide our services to you
Your booking for a class is a contract between you and The Body Barre, so we require your personal data, to allow you to access the studio and for us to verify your identity when necessary, along with taking payment for the service we are providing.
We will store information regarding the classes you are attending and specific requirement in order to ensure we have sufficient equipment available and that we are adhering to health and safety and insurance requirements.
To communicate with you and manage our relationship with you
We may need to contact you by email, phone, letter and/or SMS for administrative, customer service or operational reasons. Please be aware that these communications are not made for marketing purposes and as such, you will continue to receive them even if you choose not to receive marketing communications. Examples of these include; unplanned studio closure or timetable change.
We will also use your personal data to contact you if you have visited the studio as a guest, filled in a web-form through our website, emailed or called us, or contacted us on social media.
Your opinion is very important to us, so we may send you an email or SMS to seek your feedback.
We will use the communications you exchange with us and the feedback you may provide in order to manage our relationship with you as our customer and to improve our services and experiences for other users.
To personalise and improve your customer experience
We may also collect information on how you use our website, which pages of our website you visit most, in order to understand what you like. We may use this information to tailor the content and offers that you see on our website and to send you relevant messages that we think you might like.
If you attempt to make a booking online, then you leave our website before this has been finalised, we may contact you in order to help you easily complete your booking.
To inform you about our news and offers that you may like
As part of our service, we will email you with studio news and offers that we have negotiated for our users and guests. If you do not wish to receive this additional information, you can manage your mailing preferences via your MINDBODY booking system account. Login using your email and password, click on the ‘My Info’ tab, and the ‘Profile’ sub-menu, and click ‘Edit’ in the ‘Personal’ section.
If you have not made a purchase from us but have created a MINDBODY account, we will only contact you via SMS/email/phone with updates, such as; offers and events IF you have consented to this (with the exception of direct response to a query). You can withdrawer your consent to contact at any time as per the above MINDBODY instructions.
To improve our services, for administration purposes and to protect our business interests
The business purposes for which we will use your information include; accounting, budgeting, billing and audit, credit or other payment card verification, safety, security, statistical and marketing analysis, systems testing, maintenance, ordering of supplies, planning and development. To comply with any other legal obligations.
- Sharing your personal data
Your personal data may be shared with other companies within our Group. It may also be disclosed to a third party who acquires us, acquires a member of our Group or substantially all of our assets.
We may also share some of your personal data with, or obtain your personal data from, the following categories of third parties:
- Postal or digital mailing company/app – to send out communication to you on our behalf.
- Specialist survey company/app – to send out surveys to you on our behalf (you are not obliged to respond to them).
- Bank/credit or debit card companies – in order to process your payments for services.
- Web servers/website providers – hosting/storing some personal data.
- IT support company – able to access some information to assist with IT issues.
- Event/class booking websites – we’re passed your details if you book an event via a third party website
- Social media/digital marketing channels
- Booking & payment system
In addition to the categories of recipient listed above, we may disclose your personal data when this is required by the law of any jurisdiction to which The Body Barre may be subject.
- Your consent
By submitting your personal information you consent to the use of that information as set out in this policy.
- Data transferred outside the EU
Some of the companies we use for our apps are situated in third countries; therefore some data may be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Transfers of data to these companies are either on the basis of adequacy, or subject to appropriate safeguards.
- Security of your personal data
We are committed to taking appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage to personal data.
As described in this Privacy Notice, we may in some instances disclose your personal data to third parties. Where The Body Barre discloses your personal data to a third party, we require them to have appropriate technical and organisational measures in place to protect your personal data; however in some instances we may be compelled by law to disclose your personal data to a third party, over which we have limited control.
8. Services provided by contracted third parties
The Body Barre may share information with third party organisations that provide specific services on our behalf which enhance our products and your experience with us. These organisations act as a “Data Processor” under our instructions. They may process data securely outside of the EEA. There is a contract in place with each third party which includes strict terms and conditions to protect your privacy.
Our current processing partners include MINDBODY.
Please see the links to these third party terms that also apply above and beyond these here:
There are three main types of cookies – here’s how and why we use them.
- Site functionality cookies – these cookies allow you to navigate the site and use our features, such as your account.
- Site analytics/performance cookies – these cookies allow us to measure and analyse how our visitors use the site, to improve both its functionality and your experience. These cookies don’t identify you as an individual.
- Targeting or advertising cookies – these cookies are used to deliver ads relevant to you. They also limit the number of times that you see an ad and help us measure the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, the “help” section in your browser should provide instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies.
Further information about cookies can be found at https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-pecr/cookies-and-similar-technologies/.
Please note that by deleting or disabling future cookies, your user experience may be affected and you might not be able to take advantage of certain functions of our site, and the complete The Body Barre web experience.
We may occasionally include links to third party websites on our emails and/or website. We do not take any responsibility for these sites, the cookies they use or how they manage any data you may provide to them.
- Retention Period
We will retain your personal data for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Privacy Notice unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law, for example to comply with retention obligations e.g. under tax or contract law. You can request deletion of your personal data at any time (see the section below on your right to erasure).
- Your Rights
Your rights are as follows (noting that these rights don’t apply in all circumstances):
- The right to request access to your personal data and information about how we process it.
- The right to rectification – we will correct your personal data if it’s inaccurate and complete any incomplete personal data. It is your responsibility to ensure that you submit true, accurate and complete information to us. You have the ability to change certain information via your online account (such as email and address).
- Theright to erasure – you have the right to request that we delete personal data that we hold about you.
- The right to restrictprocessing
- The right to objectto processing – if you would like us to stop processing your personal data, you can do this in a number of ways; Login to your MINDBODY booking system account using your email and password, click on the ‘My Info’ tab, and the ‘Profile’ sub-menu, and click ‘Edit’ in the ‘Personal’ section, or you can advise a team member if they call, or you can email email@example.com
- The right to Data Portability – move, copy or transfer your personal data
- Updates to our Privacy Notice
We may update this Privacy Notice to reflect changes to our information practices or in line with new legislation. We encourage you to periodically review the Privacy Notice on our website for the latest information on our privacy practices.
- Contacting The Body Barre
If you have any questions or concerns about this Privacy Notice, or the way The Body Barre are processing your data, or would like to exercise your rights in relation to your personal data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at: The Body Barre c/o Rae House, Dane Street, Bishops Stortford, CM23 3BT.
If you have a complaint or concern about how we are processing your personal information then we will endeavour to address such concern(s). However, if you would like to direct your complaint/concerns to a Data Protection Authority, the contact details for your local Data Protection Authority are as follows: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/.